We know it’s a little last-minute, but we just nailed down the final details for our March Go Hike L.A. event.
On March 8th, we will celebrate springing forward with an extra hour of daylight at the Upper Las Virgenes Open Space Preserve!
Join Modern Hiker and naturalists from the Mountains Recreation and Conservation Authority for a moderate hike around Lasky Mesa, starting from the park’s eastern entrance at the Victory Trailhead. Along the way, we’ll learn about the park’s uniquely preserved landscape and history – and how it was almost lost to development.
I had the pleasure of hiking in this area just last week and our recent rains have made it a shockingly lush and beautiful environment. If you haven’t been here yet, it will blow your mind that such an amazing and open landscape is right inside the Valley … and if you have been here, the rain predicted for this weekend should really get things going.
Details are below – please RSVP on Eventbrite just so we have an idea of how many people are coming – and so I know how many Modern Hiker stickers to bring along!
GO HIKE L.A.
Upper Las Virgenes Canyon Open Space Preserve
- Sunday, March 8, 2015
- 9AM (remember that clocks spring forward this day!) – 11:30AM
- Hike is FREE!
- Distance is about 4 miles round trip. Easy-moderate difficulty.
- Rain or Shine
- Dogs OK on leash
- Parking is available at the Victory Trailhead ($3 fee). There are also limited spots on Victory Boulevard outside the park’s gate.
- Port-a-potty facility is available at the Trailhead
- Bring sunscreen, water, and snacks
- Our MRCA Naturalist speaks both English and Spanish
Hope to see you all at this beautiful park on Sunday!
Tags: go hike l.a., upper las virgenes canyon open space reserve